Saturday, August 2, 2008

picking up the pieces

So tonight I write, this time not out of anger or spite. I will not write about my thirst to be free, but I will write about me quest to get there.

My week has been one tiring, emotional week. It was a catalyst of the inner transformation that I have been waiting and praying for. I've taken one crucial step in letting myself go and change, after so many years of being in limbo and inertia.

I just finished talking to my close college friend about the problems I've been having lately, and being the wise soul that she is, she offered me this timely song from our favorite artist, Jason Mraz:

DETAILS IN THE FABRIC

Calm down
Deep breaths
And get yourself dressed instead
Of running around
And pulling on your threads and
Breaking yourself up


If it's a broken part, replace it
If it’s a broken arm then brace it
If it's a broken heart then face it

And hold your own
Know your name
And go your own way
Hold your own
Know your name
And go your own way

And everything will be fine

Hang on
Help is on the way
Stay strong
I'm doing everything.

So now I move my own way, with God on my side.

No comments: