Thursday, April 26, 2012

Experiments in the kitchen--Penne Pasta





This recipe consists of things left in my fridge and pantry. I'm in the midst of moving back to my parent's place, and I really needed to clear my fridge. I decided to use some of those things all at the same time so I can clear out my fridge faster. A great experiment that turned out tasty, plus it didn't take too much time to make. 

I ended up adding sugar on my sauce as I found it too tomato-ey for my taste. Some people like their tomato sauce very tomato-ey, some people like Filipinos like it sweet AND spicy. Because that's the way WE ARE, sweet and spicy at the same time...:P 

I wanted to add mushrooms and black olives, but I was cooking so late in the night and I don't think 7/11 has mushrooms. Sadly though, I don't have Parmesan Cheese (I don't think 7/11 has it either)...what's Italian cuisine without it? 


Ingredients:

Sauce:
1/3 Bravo Tomato Garlic Dip
2 cans crushed tomato sauce
1 tbsp Star margarine garlic flavor
Italian seasoning
sugar
salt and pepper



Meatballs: 
1/2 kilo ground beef
Italian seasoning 
Bread crumbs
salt and pepper
1 egg


Procedure:
1. Heat tomato sauce, tomato garlic dip. 
2. Melt Star margarine
3. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
4. Mix sauce, penne, and meatballs, sprinkle Parmesan cheese, if you have it.




Anyway, cooking is something I really love, and I really like to read and write about it too. I really miss writing, and I used to do it as a side and get paid for it too. Money is not much, and it's virtual, but I relished it. I'm trying nowadays to regain my creativity, and it's a struggle sometimes when a lot of things occupy your mind.  



No comments: