Tuesday, February 5, 2013

happy chinese new year!

It is taking a really long time for me to fully furnish my apartment in zenshi, mainly because I easily get distracted by new releases inworld, and offline, I had been getting sick to the stomach for some reason. 



Anyway, before I was taken away from SL and to the hospital by unbearable tummy pain, I was able to briefly participate in the Four Walls Hunt and I got to collect this fantastic pallet lounger by Trompe Loeil. Cory Edo is consistent in her great quality of builds and I always end up buying things from this store.

Once I was back, I was determined to furnish my space, but seeing a flickr photostream got me distracted once again. This time I was inspired to create an outfit for the coming Chinese New Year which is very much celebrated here in my home country the Philippines due to a huge Chinese community living here.

I figured I would come up with a simple but elegant outfit that would bring in the Year of the Water Snake featuring the Sophia peep toe shoes from Gos boutique, a Chinese-inspired corset called Cazibe by DRIFT, and Kavya pants by Zaara.

I have to say that I really love Gospel Voom's shoes. It was really easy to synchronize my skin color (Belleza Shyla SK 01) to the shoe and using the HUD is foolproof. I'm definitely going to get more shoes from him...:)

Finishing my Oriental look is a beautiful pair of fan-shaped gold earrings and necklace, a throwback from 2010 from ~Muse~ by Caliah Lyon, whose store in Second Life I really miss because it used to be my go-to store for elegant jewelry. It really is sad when long time SL creators decide to leave, for whatever reason, so whenever possible, if they are really good, I tend to religiously keep up with their creations.

So that is my look for the moment, I imagine there will be more tweaks and additions to this outfit to make it really stand out, but I really wanted to share this to you all. I wish everyone an advance Chinese New Year, may you collect lots of red envelopes filled with lots of money!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: